How To Survive as a Villain - 53
Both of them were respectfully greeted into the main Hall of Wangye’s Mansion, and after a brief moment, a young man dressed in elegant brocade came.
Wuning Wangye knelt down and saluted him: “Your Majesty, for what reason came to honor His Imperial presence in my humble home?”
Xiao YuAn looked around.
Alright, whatever makes you happy.
Xiao YuAn wasn’t interested in changing the topic: “I want to borrow money.”
Wuning Wangye thought that he had heard it wrong: “Borrow……what?”
Wuning Wangye’s mind began to think at a high speed.
What does the Emperor mean? Is he doing this deliberately to test him? Or is he trying to ridicule him? And to borrow money? Borrow? Does the Emperor even need to use this word? How much does he even want to borrow, will 10,000 liang of gold be enough. And even if he can get that sum for himself, it still hurts a little bit.
“What’s His Majesty saying, why do you need to borrow it, how much does His Majesty need?” Wuning Wangye asked cautiously.
“Quite a lot.”
Wuning Wangye’s heart began to bleed, could it be that ten thousand liang won’t be enough?
“Two hundred taels.”
“Ho-how much? Two hundred taels?”
“Yes, two hundred taels of gold. Is it too much?”
“No, not at all, I’ll call for someone to prepare it.” Wuning Wangye walked out of the main hall not knowing what was going on. He immediately called for his staff and talked about this strange situation. The two of them whispered for a while until finally, they reached an agreement.
The Emperor, he……
Must have felt that his abstinence lasted for too long!!!
In order to keep filial piety to the late Emperor, the Young Emperor had to clean up his six roots1. This year his birthday was a rare one, and it’s hard to avoid some thoughts after all. Because he was worried about being caught doing inappropriate things in the Palace, he must have sneaked out to be able to act on these thoughts!
Yes, that must be the case!
Wuning Wangye was very pleased with this line of thought. He confidently sent the staff to quickly make the proper arrangements, and then went back to the main hall where he said to Xiao YuAn: “Your Majesty, I’ve sent someone to prepare the two hundred taels of gold, but there’s still something I want to discuss with His Majesty.”
Xiao YuAn asked puzzled: “Ah? What’s the matter?”
Wuning Wangye bowed and said: “This day is His Majesty’s birthday and naturally I prepared a gift. I wanted to present it to His Majesty after the banquet, but because of unfortunate circumstances, the banquet hastily ended and I failed to fulfill this wish. Now that His Majesty luckily visited this one’s house, it would be a pleasure if my meager gift is accepted.”
Xiao YuAn goes with the flow2: “Alright.”
“I’ll trouble3 His Majesty to come this way.”
Xiao YuAn and Yan HeQing looked at each other and walked at the same pace of Wuning Wangye.
Wuning Wangfu was luxurious and magnificent, with carved railing and painted buildings, and a rockery garden with lotus ponds. Xiao YuAn was looking around thinking with full consideration that Wuning Wangye must have accepted some bribes.
The three of them passed through the cloister Pavilion and stopped at the door of the east wing-room. Wuning Wangye made a gesture of invitation and Xiao YuAn opened the door with a little bit of doubt. Yan HeQing followed close behind him and intended to walk inside, but he was stopped by Wuning Wangye: “Imperial Bodyguard xiao-ge4, it’s better for you to wait outside.”
Xiao YuAn asked: “He can’t come with me?”
Yan HeQing frowned and his complexion was looking rather cold.
Wuning Wangye didn’t answer, but his smile afforded much food for reflection5.
Xiao YuAn laughed with goosebumps, and vaguely guessed what would wait for him inside.
“Then, wait for me outside.” Xiao YuAn patted Yan HeQing on the shoulder.
“Yes.” Yan HeQing nodded his head and watched as Xiao YuAn walked inside the wing-room.
The wing-room was huge, and it was surrounded by a fragrant lingering mist. The outer hall was filled with all kinds and rare calligraphy, paintings and treasures. Xiao YuAn walked through the outer hall and entered the inner room, abruptly stopping at once.
On the large bed, the red yarn was entangled, the bedding was messy and the bodies of two beauties loosely dressed in red were intertwined, their skin was rubbing each other. The two of them looked charming and they were panting, their eyes were silky and looking directly at Xiao YuAn.
Xiao YuAn grinned, rubbed his kidney6 and turned away, leaving the two beauties in bed.
Outside the wing-room, when Xiao YuAn just closed the door behind him, Wuning Wangye suddenly approached Yan HeQing and whispered: “Prince of the Southern Yan Kingdom, Yan Heqing.” Yan HeQing was clearly stunned.
“Yan-huangzi7, It must be hard to be around the Emperor.” Wuning Wangye narrowed his eyes slightly, his tone was unclear.
Yan HeQing’s eyes opened slightly and flashed inconceivably. He suddenly grasped the handle of the sword resting at the side of his body, his thin lips were slightly pursed, pressing down the emotions in his eyes, they became extremely deep and dark.
Wuning Wangye took another step forward, and their bodies were almost stuck together. Wuning Wangye hooked a smile and covered the hand of Yan HeQing that was holding the sword with his own. This posture and movement were extremely warm, but Yan HeQing wasn’t furious, instead, he was shocked.
Because he put something inside his hand.
-  六根清净 liù gēn qīng jìng; This is a Buddhist term that means: “One should stay away from troubles”, is a metaphor for having no desires / Being free from human desires and passions. From《宝台经藏愿文》 (bǎo tái jīng zàng yuàn wén), “Sutra of Baotai”, written by (隋炀帝 suí yáng dì) Emperor Yang of Sui Dynasty [569-618].
-  随遇而安 suí yù ér ān; It’s a Chinese idiom, refers to being at ease in all kinds of environments / Ready to adapt / Flexible / Accept circumstances with good will. From《广阳杂记》(guǎng yáng zá jì), “Guangyang’s records”, written by (刘献廷 liú xiàn tíng) Liu Xianting from Qing Dynasty.
-  劳烦 láo fán; To inconvenience / Trouble with a request.
-  小 xiǎo; Small / Tiny / Few / Young. 哥 gē; Elder Brother.
-  耐人寻味 nài rén xún wèi; It’s a Chinese idiom, means that: It’s worth to be carefully understood and pondered / Worth thinking over / Intriguing. From《杜诗言志》(dù shī yán zhì), “Poetry to Prevent Express One’s Ambitions” by an anonymous author from the Qing Dynasty.
-  肾 shèn; kidney. According to traditional Chinese medicine the kidney is associated with “The Gate of Vitality” or “Ming Men”, a famous Chinese doctor named Zhang Jie Bin [1563-1640] wrote “There are two kidneys, one yin and one yang, with the Gate of Vitality between them. The kidney is the organ of water and fire, the abode of Yin and Yang, the sea of essence, and it determines life and death”. Indicates the activity of thinking, consciousness, self insight, emotional life, memory and volition.
-  皇子 huáng zǐ; Prince.
Comments for chapter "53"
Ko-fi donations will go to the maintenance and upkeep of the site and group. If you would like to donate to an individual translator/proofreader, please donate to their personal ko-fi account. If you still cannot find it, then please specify to which translator you are donating the coffee to through the Foxaholic account.